Roses for the longest time have enjoyed the honor of being the most popular flowers in the world. The reason for popularity of the rose flower may be its wide variety in terms of color, size, fragrance and other attributes.
The rose has been a symbol of love, beauty, even war and politics from way back in time. The variety, color and even number of Roses carry symbolic meanings. The Rose is most popularly known as the flower of love, particularly Red Rose.
Some Interesting Facts About Roses
- The birthplace of the cultivated Rose was probably Northern Persia, on the Caspian, or Faristan on the Gulf of Persia.
- Historically, the oldest Rose fossils have been found in Colorado, dating back to more than 35 million years ago.
- Roses were considered the most sacred flowers in ancient Egypt and were used as offerings for the Goddess Isis. Roses have also been found in Egyptian tombs, where they were formed into funeral wreaths.
- Confucius, 551 BC to 479 BC, reported that the Imperial Chinese library had many books on Roses.
- Ancient Sumerians of Mesopotamia (in the Tigris-Euphrates River Valley) mentioned Roses in a cuneiform tablet (a system of writing) written in approximately 2860 BC.
- The English were already cultivating and hybridizing Roses in the 15th Century when the English War of Roses took place. The winner of the war, Tudor Henry VII, created the Rose of England (Tudor Rose) by crossbreeding other Roses.
- While no Black Rose yet exists, there are some of such a deep Red color as to suggest Black.
- Roses are universal and grown across the world.
- The Netherlands is the world’s leading exporter of Roses.
Cambiando mentalit proprio durante la stagione invernale. Deriva dalla trasformazione di un ovulo dopo la fecondazione. Uomini e donne sono ugualmente colpiti. cialispascherfr24 Non deve essere un semplice mucchio di rifiuti.